Today is Thursday, Show N Tell day. We had some awesome arrowheads for Hadley to take; they are studying Native Americans this week. However, horrible mother that I am I forgot them. You see I was a little wrapped up in my own drama, it was raining today: Carrie did not want to get in the car, Carrie did not want to drive the car, Carrie did not want Hadley in the car, Carrie did not want to be on the road with Hadley in the car, I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. If your not understanding my freak out, it was raining Friday when I had my accident. Fear is not a pretty thing, and if you don't get back on the horse after it throws you, you won't ever get back on. I'm channeling my father at this point. I made it to work, but decided to forgo lunch, as it would involve going out, I'm not pleasant when I skip lunch!! Back to Show N Tell, I was expecting a mass freak out from Hadley, when she learned all her friends would be showing and telling, but she didn't have anything. I expected wrong. When I took Hadley out in the hall to explain I was very sorry, but I had forgotten her arrowheads at home, she sweetly responds, "That's alright mommy!" Wow what a mature little girl. Flash forward an hour and apparently there was an incident with one of her friends and a book, she wanted it, he wouldn't hand it over, so she bit him.
Seems she and I both have regressed a little today.....
No comments:
Post a Comment