Friday, October 23, 2009

Catchin up

I haven't posted in a while, but we have been busy pulling all the baby gear out and still have so much to do.

Last Friday night I kept a friends little girl while they went to the football game. The girls were so sweet together and played so well. We only had one foot stomping whine fest and I'll give you one guess who that was from? Seems someone has a harder time sharing her friends than her toys. When little Makenzie wanted to help me vacum a certain little diva stomps her foots and says, "but I want her to play with me, not you!!" As the evening wound down, I made them a pallet in the play room and set them up watching a DVD. Hadley kept asking me what a pallet was. I've probably never made one for her before because she doesn't generally sit still long enough. Oddly though they were both fast asleep within about 20 minutes of laying down.

Tonight was The Fall Festival at The Bud. This is Hadley posing in the fire truck before they started blowing it's horn. At one point last night we are standing in a group of people outside and they start blowing it's horn. All of a sudden, I see her turn towards the truck, spread out her little arms in a frustrated gesture and at the top of her lungs I hear, "Seriously"!!!! I take a couple of steps back, seriously folks who does this rude little diva belong too, because it isn't me!!!! Ground please swallow me NOW!!!!!!!
This is a picture of just one of the 20 some odd little girls Hadley was hugging on. I learned last night I have a bona fide, can't keep my hands to myself, I'm going love you to death hugger. Everytime we passed a little girl Hadley knew them and was hugging on them. After one particular hug fest where the little girl almost fell down, I had to tell Hadley enough. She crosses those arms across her chest, crinkles up her nose and says, "but mama we are friends, I have to hug them."

No comments: