Today is Snow Day number 1 and it has been consumed with a marathon of Season 3 of "24". Although, it was quite difficult to focus on all the plot twists when I was consumed with thoughts of where my camera had vanished to and how The Red Head could have hidden it away where no one could find it. We have searched every drawer, cabinet, nook and cranny of this house three times searching for it. I have been convinced that wherever it was, it was mocking me and my desperation. Because a new camera really isn't in the budget, but a I can't imagine a life without pictures. I kept replaying the events of last night and when I last had it. See I finally got Ellison's stroller out of my closet and assembled it. It was the one we had planned to give her for her birthday. It is really lightweight and has this huge cover, to keep the sun at bay from her fair skin. LOVE IT. Assembling the stroller, began the 2011 purge of my closet. I was sure the camera had gotten lost in the chaos of the purge, but WHERE, what had she done with it. Then I remembered taking this adorable picture of her, when I was purging and decided to make one final sweep of my closet. It seems after I took the picture, she began playing with it and it got mixed up with my shoes. Apparently, it unknowingly got swept in the closet with the shoes. And there it lay all day, MOCKING ME!!!!
The stroller, oh how I love it. The stroller Hadley's had was big and bulky and it whipped my tail constantly. I remember like it was yesterday picking it out in Babies R Us. Wayne was with me and with the best poker face in the world, he looked at me and said "I will be with you when you use it, you won't have to lug it by yourself." LIAR!!!!!

Seriously, looking at her cuteness ALMOST makes the stress of the day worth it.
My favorite quote of the day came from Hadley. I had already searched the house a couple of times, but felt the need for a little family support. I called Wayne and Hadley in to the room and told them we were going to do a group sweep of the house, room by room. Hadley said, "Okay, I'll go get my broom now, give me just a second."
Wonder what fun Snow Day number 2 will hold for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment